Monday, June 11, 2012

Refinished Dresser

4

It is high-time for garage sales, and Bill and I don't go a weekend without visiting one. We love to find a good deal, so a few weeks ago I decided I'd start looking for items for our new home. I saw one dresser I really liked at a garage sale, but it was "$15.00 FIRM" and that just didn't sit well with me.

The next morning driving down the road, Bill slams on his brakes and says "THERE'S YOUR DRESSER!" We were on our way somewhere and couldn't stop to load the dresser, so later that day we did a drive-by and thankfully it was still there. It wasn't the same dresser I'd seen at the garage sale, it was much, MUCH better. AND FREE. One drawer was taped together, not a single piece of hardware matched, and the finish looked as if it may have been white at some point, but living in a home with relentless smoking/candle burning/?? it had become grey...ish. I didn't really have a plan for it, but I knew I wanted to refinish it and make it beautiful. The drawers are a little wonky, but it's cute and full of character. I'm proud of it :)

We found discount paint at the Home Depot Tent Sale this weekend, and I used the hardware from our cabinets pre-renovation. In total, we spent $9 on this project. Yep. $9. HUGE SUCCESS!!! And it was a blast for me to complete. I can't wait for my next curbside find!

Without furter adieu, here is...the dresser for our nursery: (no, I'm not expecting...I just love to plan!) 

Ta-Da!!! "THE" Dresser

After sanding - Bill was fixing the wonkiest drawer.

The finished product!!

Reused hardwood from our old kitchen cabinets

From another angle. I LOVE IT!!!

Here it is! Before & After :) 
I can't wait to work on the rest of the nursery items!! I don't know when we'll have a little one to fill the room with light and laughter, but my goal is to make a beautiful space for our little one. Here is a sneak peak of the "nursery" currently....Consider this the "before":

Yeah baby. Look at that wallpaper.

And the window treatments?! Ohh yes. 
Don't you LOVE that wallpaper?! Me too. #Sarcasm

I can't wait to transform this house into our home :) Thanks for joining us on this journey!!

4 comments:

  1. love the dresser!!!!! It came out so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I am positively giddy over it. I can't wait to get into the house and get the whole room going!!

      Delete
  2. Hmm my comment disappeared! LOL I swear it posted!...

    Good job on the dresser! It turned out awesome!! AND I LOVE THE COLOR CHOICE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! It was $7 at HD. I had no idea what color I wanted to paint it, I assumed I'd just find white...but when I found this for $7, I was sold! I have almost a full gallon, if you want it, it's yours :) Paint/Primer by Behr

      Delete