Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Grocery Challenge 2012: Update 2

0

Sorry I've been MIA - we were in St. John, USVI for Heidi's wedding :) It was stunning. Here's a quick snapshot of the bride & groom on their lovely day:

Heidi & Joey, 6/16/12

 Now, onto the NEWS!!! Our closing date got bumped to June 28th so it's time for us to GET PACKING! Also...this means we can grocery shop TWO WEEKS SOONER!!! I'm not sure if I am overly antsy to shop because I know we only have a few more days before we can shop, or if things are really getting weird.. This morning packing our lunches was like pulling teeth. See!?

This isn't even a joke. That's really what we ate today.
 On top of everything else, I got this in my inbox after I ate that outrageous lunch: (I specifically remember clicking "UNSUBSCRIBE" last week...)
THE TORTURE IS EVERYWHERE.
Tonight I'm going to make lemonade out of the lemons we have. OH WAIT. WE DON'T HAVE ANY PRODUCE. Except two potatoes and a bag of onions. Mmm. ((puke)) Seriously though, we have a few cans of salmon, a packet or two of tuna, vanilla wafers....and a lot of frozen food. So tonight I think I'll make some kind of mayo/seafood salad (with onions!). This way we can have something a little more interesting for lunch the rest of the week. I also remember seeing a jar of a Nutella-like product somewhere...so maybe that can join forces with the vanilla wafers and create a delicious little choclatey cookie sandwich as a treat for us.

Vacation spoiled us, so now we remember what real food tastes like. Stay tuned for further updates on how bizarre our eating habits are about to get.

Before we left we broke out the instant milk and made a jug of it – yes, that's correct. We made a jug. Because all of our pitchers are packed. So we're currently drinking instant milk out of a beer jug. Yep. I feel like a pack of savages.

Here's to hoping your meals are better than ours this week!! #GroceryChallenge2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment