Friday, May 25, 2012

New Home Inspiration: Upcycle

2

I have entered the stage of waking up in the middle of the night thinking of things we will need to buy for our new home. Not big things like "sofa" or "lawnmower" (while those are on the list...), but things like "bathroom mats" and "lamps". Because of my DIY nature, I hope to make as many things as I can for the new home, while still keeping it tasteful. I certainly don't want our home to look like a craft fair gone wrong!

Our taste is simple, modern and most of all eclectic. I've been thinking, I want to bring new life to things I find in thrift stores or garage sales..but this article has given me ideas to bring nature into our home as well! My parents have an incredible wood shop with all the tools to help me in my little projects, and their back yard just happens to be wooded! How beautifully convenient.

Love the fun color!

Lamps are quite expensive from what I've seen, so I'm going to have to be creative in my spending. This little number has got me thinking that I can (with the help of my father) build my own lamps for our new home...which is leading to my next thought, what else can I create??

How fun would these be as bedside tables?!
This article got me thinking about side tables made from scraps of fallen trees as well - I love the rugged, yet chic design of these. However, I have recently fallen in love with re purposing/upcycling so maybe I want to find some dandy little nuggets to upcycle from the thrift store for bedside tables? Like this??

Seriously adorable.
The world is my oyster right now and I can't wait to start bringing items into this house to make it our home!

Have you done any fun home decor projects? Please share them! I would love some inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! (Except for the waking up in the middle of the night part). I haven't done any projects, but have some ideas for summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My husband has now entered the wake up in the middle of the night stage. The other morning he woke me up (way too early) & said 'If so & so is painting the nursery, how do we know what color to paint it?' (We are NOT expecting) I laughed & said "Neutral. Go to sleep."

      Delete