Thursday, January 16, 2014

New Project: Playroom/Studio

2

I am an obsessive researcher and planner, and I've planned so many rooms in our home out but nothing has changed significantly yet other than three rooms being painted. I'm so frustrated with the beige on the walls in the rest of our home and so sick of just talking about what project might be next that I've decided to take the next thing into my own hands.

This weekend, we begin the renovation of our basement to turn it into my studio/home office and Billy's play room. I've taken "before" photos to show you, but I'm holding out until there are "after" photos to compare.

What I WILL share is a little inspiration I have for the room (see it all on my Pinterest board for this project). We live in a raised ranch, so it's not so much a "basement" as it is a lower level main space with windows.

The walls will be Aqua Breeze by Behr:
I want some cozy kind of nook that I can read to Billy in and he can sit to watch a movie. This also needs to double as a sleeper so when we have guests there is a spare bed. This option from Costco appeals to me, but the price does not....maybe my splurge item for the room? We'll see...
I want my desk/workstation to face out, so I can easily keep my eye on Billy while I work and he plays. Something like one of these, with shelving around me to store craft items:
Storage is a must, so we will be accumulating some modular storage options along the way. This whole space is perfection to me, just add my workspace behind the lens and we're good as gold.
Those are the main things on my mind right now, other than clearing out what's already down there, patching, sanding, painting, figuring out some lighting solutions....okay, so there's a lot on my mind!!! I can't wait to have a clean, bright, organized space Billy and I can share while I work and he plays.

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous you have a space like that! We have NO spare space (well one spare junk room/storage room) but fingers crossed that we could be changing our living situation soon. I hope. Eeeek. Anyway, I can't wait to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!! I wish we had some extra space for a play area as well. Can't wait to see what you do with the space! I've had the major itch for change lately as well, so I've finally started on my kitchen revamp. Basically just repainting walls and cabinets, but just one of those things I've been dying to do for some time now. Keep us posted on your progress!!

    ReplyDelete