Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Microblog: Why I Love the Gym

1

I was just having a conversation with a friend and decided it needed to be shared with all of you. *Caution, explicit language*

Backstory: I joined our local Y again on Sunday and have worked out twice. And now I'm obsessed with going to the gym. This is why:

me: honestly, being at the gym is such a nice break for me. I probably like it now more than I ever have. Because Billy is safe and playing with new fun toys and being watched by professionals
it's such a nice break for me!
 Lindsey:  ooh yeah, i bet!
 me:  I always saw moms dropping their kids off and never understood it
to me, before I had a kid I always thought "But don't you want to spend every second every day with them!?!?"
and the answer is no. no, you don't.
You want to get the hell away from them. a lot of times.
 Lindsey:  HAHAHAHA
 me:  it's like a puppy! If you want a puppy, you think MAN! HAVING A PUPPY WOULD BE THE GREATEST EVER AND I WOULD SQUISH IT'S FACE AND SNUGGLE IT FOREVER
and then you get one. and it shits in your shoe.

Having a baby is a lot different than having a puppy...but in some regards, it's exactly the same. 

If you need to find me, I'll be at the gym. 

1 comment:

  1. You deserve every bit of "me" time you can get! You go girl :)

    ReplyDelete