Monday, April 22, 2013

Nesting.

0

I am pausing Must-Know Mondays for now, because I don't have the energy to research for the time being. I'm pretty much too exhausted to do anything but whine about how exhausted I am, and nest. Ohhhh I can nest with the best of them right now.

My nesting instinct kicked in full-throttle this weekend. Saturday evening I organized ALL of Billy's diapers and arranged his closet.

...Sunday I went to IKEA and bought a new closet organization system because I decided I didn't like how his closet was working out.
Billy's NB prefolds, covers & AIOs

That's about 50 Size 2 prefolds and 8 one-size pockets!
Obviously those are sad, dark iPhone photos...so sorry about that but I was too excited to share them with Hubs and my mom, so that's as good as the photography got this weekend. My real camera was two rooms away and sitting on the floor for hours organizing/folding clothes and diapers isn't conducive to jumping up and running for a camera at 9 months pregnant. So shoot me. 

Other than organizing, this weekend I got a majority of my postnatal meal/snack prep done! I baked and froze: 
Oatmeal Banana Breakfast Muffins
BBQ Turkey Meatballs (my own recipe, borrowed image)
Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancakes (photo via)
Mini Corn Dog Muffins
I'm feeling very accomplished! I didn't get started on reorganizing the closet (for the seventy-seventh time), but this is what I bought to help tidy it up a bit (I'll be sure to take before/after photos!): 
via IKEA
There will be one side of the closet with two of these puppies stacked on top of one another, and the other side will have just one. 

Hubs and I found an awesome wire rack just like these on the side of the road but with wire drawers a few weeks ago. Hubs tried bending the sides back into shape (old and crooked) and then painted it an adorable lime green to match Billy's room... but after filling it with stuff it just can't handle the weight of baby items. Whomp whomp. 

I think one drawer actually collapsed after putting two receiving blankets in it. Not kidding. 




It had so much cute potential!! Too bad it wasn't tough enough for the job. Thankfully, we only spent a can of paint on it. The IKEA units were not as affordable, but will be functional, which is exactly what I'm looking for. I cannot wait to get those bad boys put together and ORGANIZED.

Baking and organizing appear to be my nesting qualities - How did you nest at the end of your pregnancy? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment