Friday, November 16, 2012

Nursery Inspiration

0

Now that I can finally TALK about the little one growing inside of me, I wanted to share some inspiration I've had while building the nursery. I still won't show you photos, because it's not "done", but know that it's on the way to being fabulous. Just trust me :)

We chose "Dolphin Fin" by Behr for the wall color, to keep the space neutral and calming.

via
And of course the refinished dresser is a staple in the room.


I originally wanted the color scheme to stay in the cyan/apple green realm because I think it's whimsical and gender-neutral, so I found some great apple green curtains like these and had Hub hang them up:

via
However, as I looked into more nurseries on Pinterest I fell in love with colorful nursery accents. We already had a framed print from deviantArt Bill picked up years ago that just seemed suited for a nursery, so we hung it as well. It's a print of bumble bees rolling pink and blue paint on flowers :) Happy and cute, and now yellow and pink were incorporated into the room!

Because the dresser has ivory accents, I found the most magnificent ivory cord rocker at Babies R' Us with my mom and being the super Nana she is, it arrived on my doorstep days later :) GO NANA!

via
I also picked up a fun little floor lamp from IKEA along the way to bring some soft lighting into the room. I had been eyeing it for a few weeks and one trip it was marked on clearance to $29.99. SCORE!

via


I've got my eyes peeled for a perfect, tiny side table and small lamp so Baby and I can have some good rocking/reading time.

For the crib I'm thinking this is just the only option in the world...because I literally have dreams about how magnificent this crib is..I just wish that white was Vanilla instead:

via

Are you as excited as I am about this room now?! May is going to get here before we know it!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment