Monday, June 1, 2015

Pregnancy: 38 Week Update

0

How far along?: 38 Weeks
Size of baby: We're guessing in the 8lb range. Total guess.

Weight gain: Does it really matter? I'm going to say no.

Movement: A lot of times it feels like Aunt Bethany's cat is in my belly. You know, from Christmas Vacation?

When he isn't spazzing the H out, it feels like he's a yogi.
Symptoms: They've become quite unpleasant. As in, I'm wearing padsicles now....because there are "things" going on "down there" that are just plain unpleasant. Thankful I had two bags of padsicles made already. Because I am really darn uncomfortable.

I sleep alright from about 10pm-3am (with potty breaks) and then I toss and turn for a while. I get up and stretch at 4am on my ball. Many mornings I can't fall back asleep. Luckily, I've been able to catch some great, long naps lately while LW takes his naps. Lots of time outside with him is helping me stay busy and active and helps him need long naps :) Win/win.

Cravings: Ice cream. A lot of it.

Looking forward to: We've scheduled induction for the evening of 6/7. So if he doesn't come before then, there is a good possibility his birthday will be 6/8. I am really really looking forward to meeting him.

So many people have said, "Enjoy this time with LW!" and "Enjoy these last days of pregnancy!" and "Life with just one child is so much easier!!! Enjoy it while you can!!" And with all due respect, I'd like to say something:

When I got pregnant, it was on purpose. The purpose was to have another child. So, can I just be excited to meet him? Can I look forward to nursing him? Can I be happy that our family is about to grow? I'm not a dipstick. I know it's going to come with challenges....but, eh....I signed up for that. 

Can I be honest and just say I'm sick of being pregnant? Pregnancy is beautiful and wonderful for a lot of people. For me, it is from about week 13 through week 32. And that's all. I gain wait like a farm animal and feel worse than a canned ham. My body at the end of pregnancy feels like the worst. I've had my fun. Fun is over. Fork lift me out of here and into the delivery room, please.

Generally speaking, I am a very positive person. I try to live in the moment. "Enjoy the journey." Whatever. I'm ready for the next road in this journey. The one that ends in a baby on my breast.

Things I can't stop thinking about: Seeing LW as a big brother <3 My heart swells just thinking about it. I think he's going to love Mo so much. He's going to be the best brother ever.

Oh, and I can't stop thinking about the fact that by a week from today, I will have another baby. Hopefully sooner than a week from today. Hopefully like, tomorrow.

Side note on induction: I was undecided about the induction because LW was born at 38w5d but when he was born we realized he was "older" than we had calculated. I felt guilty thinking we were "forcing" Mo out before he's ready, but the other side of me knows that my physical and mental strength is only getting worse the longer I am pregnant.

My midwife was willing to let me go beyond 40 weeks with Mo to see if he'd come on his own, but we opted to split the difference. He will cook for 39w3d before we induce which gives me mental relief knowing there is an end date. Physical relief from carrying him and still giving him a shot to "cook" for an appropriate amount of time. She says she is confident the induction will lead to a successful vaginal delivery, which is another important thing to me. I feel like this is a great compromise all-around. However, we all would love for Mo to come on his own before we need to take that step on Sunday evening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment