Monday, October 20, 2014

Meal Plan: 10/20-10/24

0

Monday: Chicken Saag with naan and hummus – I soooooo rarely buy anything premade, but this weekend while Hubs and I did our Costco shopping he was hungry for Indian food and that is something that's out of my wheelhouse so we picked up a package of Basus brand Chicken Saag. I love giving LW hummus as a snack to dip anything in so since we were already buying the saag and hummus I splurged and bought naan as well. I hope it's all delicious!

Tuesday: Chicken Noodle Soup – I made a big pot of my pressure cooker chicken stock  this weekend so it will be put to good use on Tuesday in my own recipe of chicken noodle soup. I don't do anything fancy, but having homemade stock to start the pot makes the soup way more tasty. Half of this batch will be going to a family from church who just welcomed a little bundle two weeks ago. Welcome to the world, Isla!

Wednesday: Leftovers!

Thursday: Hamburger Pie – This recipe is a winter staple in our house. I use about equal parts spinach and ground beef for the "meat" portion to bulk up the healthy greens in our diet - which always seem to be lacking! I love winter cooking because I can put spinach in every casserole and no one notices. I will be making one XL hamburger pie this week to split as it's my week to cook for our friends family.

Friday: Tortellini w/ Spinach & Tomatoes – Because I had to buy spinach for the hamburger pie, I wanted to make sure I utilized it as much as I could this week (I plan on blanching and freezing the rest). This recipe I found on Pinterest and have seen it marked, like so many others, as "the best crock pot recipe I've ever found on Pinterest" which usually red-flags me into thinking it's a scam link but this recipe is CRAZY DELICIOUS. It truly is the best recipe I've found on Pinterest and I think about this tortellini in my sleep. It is so, so so good and couldn't be easier. I use: Cream cheese, spinach, tortellini, 2 cans diced tomatoes (I like to use the Italian blend when I have it, otherwise I add an onion and a few cloves of garlic) and home made chicken stock. Low for 5-6 hours and HOLY MACKEREL my mouth is watering. Try this one!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment