Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Mom Style Inspiration

0

Well you wouldn't know it by looking at me right now because I am in bedroom slippers, leggings and an oversized turtleneck...but I love fashion.

Since I've had Billy I feel I get too stuck in the same jeans and tee rut or leggings and sweater if I'm staying in. To help when I get dressed now, I've started this Pinterest board full of outfits made of items I own or plan to acquire.

Here are some of my faves!

My dear friend over at Feeling Good Style has inspired me to take another look at printed and colored pants. Maybe this spring I will acquire a pair like this for my wardrobe:
Ripped jeans are back? I love the trend, but you won't catch me dropping $100 at Hollister for them the way I did as a teen. I just picked up a sweet pair of well-loved looking jean crops at Gap this weekend for $29. Maybe I can wear them while recreating a lovely ensemble like this: 
I love using hot, trendy items with timeless classics. For church on Sunday I paired my classic riding-style cognac boots and denim jacket with mint jeans and a flowy blouse from Kohl's (my new favorite store). I felt pretty fresh and fabulous in this outfit!
A chambray oxford is part of my closet, but I struggle to find outfits to pair it with. Something like this is right up my alley. Comfortable with a splash of trend.
It's hard for me to plan for spring style when it just isn't getting any warmer here in Chicagoland but know that I have a whole line of new tops just itching to bust out of my closet when the sun decides to shine! Meanwhile, I may snuggle into my bedroom slippers a little longer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment