Thursday, December 12, 2013

Neighborhood Holiday Cheer

1

I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood like Pleasantville....and now I feel like I do. The last few months we have grown our relationships with our neighbors and more than ever, this house feels like home.

I wanted to do something nice and spread a little holiday cheer, so I made cookie packages to deliver to our favorite neighbors!
I had such a blast baking over the last few nights and building these little packages of cookies. Once completed, I realized almost everything I used for these packages was from Pick Your Plum. It is this wonderful daily deals website for crafty supplies! They have some women's/girls apparel as well as jewelry but I love it most for all the craft supplies.

 I included our family recipe sugar cookies, passed down from my Great Aunt Jeanne, Bill's favorite peanut butter cookies, peanut butter krispies (another Bill fave) and my favorite coconut macaroons from Joy of Cooking.

It all started by making a mess, something I'm an expert at:
 I made all the peanut butter and sugar cookie doughs in advance so I could pop some in the oven when I had a few free moments:
Here is the recipe for those macaroons. YUM. And so darn easy! 
 Then I began packaging all these cute, little cookies in their cute, little boxes. Hello, krispies and macaroons!!

I embellished tags with our name/address and "Merry Xmas!" with washi tape and glitter ribbon tape (possibly my favorite thing in the world). I also labeled each box with washi tape to show what cookies were tucked inside.

I am so proud of these little packages! I had a great time combining two of my hobbies, crafting and baking. If you are looking for a way to spread a little holiday cheer, I think my neighbors will agree this is a hit! They were delivered shortly after our Christmas card arrived:
Merry Christmas to all!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That looks super cute!! Greg is jealous of Billy's hat. We were discussing it last night. LOL Can't wait to see you tonight for our dinner date! = ]

    ReplyDelete