Monday, March 11, 2013

Must-Know Monday: Natural Energizers

2

This weekend I went to a friend's birthday party...at a bar. Normally, I wouldn't stay out late but this happened to be a special friend and many of my closest friends from college were in the same place at the same time – a rare occasion. I stayed out until midnight. MIDNIGHT! 

That said...I'm not sure I felt that exhausted once since my first trimester.

To perk up and get a few chores done around the house, errands run and of course be awake enough to lead Youth Group with Hubs (all in-between a Property Brothers marathon I thoroughly enjoyed), I needed something natural, tasty and full of energy!
Doing a little research, I found some cool info about natural energizers. Little did I know...I do many of these things every day already! Maybe THAT is why I've been so perky this pregnancy!?

The Daylight Savings time change always knocks me on my pa-toot and I'm sure I'm not the only one, so I thought it would be fun to share these awesome, natural energizers with all of you!

Natural Energizers: 

  • Water – Seriously, how obvious!? Drink a big glass of icy cold water and you'll perk right up!
  • Tea (black or green) – The caffeine and amino acids in tea help kick your energy into gear.
  • Honey – Pair this with your tea for a super-energy punch! Honey is natures way of giving us pure, sweet carbs. On top of all the other awesome things honey offers, it's a great natural energizer.
  • Bananas – Potassium turns the sugar in your blood into energy, so grab one on the go if you need a little extra boost! 
  • Walk – If you don't have any healthy snacks handy, take a quick stroll around the office or around the block. Getting up and moving mid-afternoon can really boost your energy level for the rest of the day. 
What do you do when you need a pick-me-up? 

2 comments:

  1. I like using Emergen-C for a boost. Most people think it's just for colds, but it's packed with B12, a vitamin that boosts your energy. I'm always tired, so caffeine and Emergen-C are my best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one inspired me to rip open a pack of freeze dried straberries and bananas! Then I checked the nutrition, and saw that there's only 3% of my daily potassium. Whomp whomp...

    ReplyDelete