Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

1

It's no surprise that Bill & I have the most spoiled dog on the planet. Princess truly lives up to her name as often as she can and is so unbelievably spoiled, sometimes even I can't believe it.

The fall baking bug has bitten me and since I made Chocolate Chip Muffins last night, I don't want to bake any more for Bill & I or we'll be 500 lbs by Christmas.

So, what's my solution? Bake for the dog!

I've made some pumpkin treats for her before, but they actually molded quite quickly, and I had to toss them. I made a large batch and gave them as gifts, so I had to ask my recipients to open them and check them for mold before feeding them to their pooches! Mortifying.

I've made a Beef & Cheddar Biscuit recipe a few times and it is a definite keeper. The process is simple and I finally found a few cute dog bone shaped cookie cutters at Sur Le Table, similar to the ones below:

This time I've decided to change it up and try a new recipe, one that seems even simpler than the Beef & Cheddar Biscuits. It only has four ingredients!

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits (Source)
homemade peanut butter dog biscuits
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Combine the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
  3. Combine the peanut butter and milk in another bowl, then add to the dry ingredients. Mix well, then knead into a firm dough with your hands.
  4. Roll out to 1/4″ thick and use a dog bone cookie cutter to cut into cute shapes (or just use a knife to cut into small squares).
  5. Place on a cookie sheet about 1/2″ apart (close is OK – they won’t rise)
  6. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until thoroughly dried.
I can't wait to make them for Princess! She will do basically anything for peanut butter, so I have a feeling these will be a BIG hit! You can tell from these she feels so deprived already because I won't give her MY dinner:



Clearly, I'm the meanest Mommy ever.

How do you spoil your pets?

1 comment:

  1. I really have to try making these for my dog! She LOVES peanut butter--we give it to her in a toy every once in a while and she spends an hour or so trying to lick it all up. She would definitely love these. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete